Friday, March 28, 2008

One for All...

You gotta love knitters.

Years ago, when my chiropractor thought I had carpal tunnel syndrome, the sad news slipped out at Webs and the resulting chorus of "Oh, no!"s and "I'm so sorry!"s was truly heart-warming.

Today E. happened to wear the green hoodie I had knit for G. last year. First step into the store and a woman cried, "Oh, is that the Wonderful Wallaby sweater? I've sold so many of those patterns, but never seen one finished!" We chatted for awhile about how fun it had been to knit. Then the kids and I walked into the other room, where another woman immediately asked, "Oh, is that the Wonderful Wallaby? What yarn did you use? Oh, yes, I use that all the time when I knit for my little ones, too!" Everyone else looked round and commented.

The camaraderie among fiber-users is fantastic.

No comments: